Baby's now the size of a cantaloupe!
Baby gulps down several ounces of amniotic fluid every day, both for nutrition and to practice swallowing and digesting. And, these days, those taste buds actually work! Studies show that after birth, babies respond best to tastes they've already had via amniotic fluid. Meaning, think about what you'd like your future child to eat as you prepare your own lunch. Your baby weighs about 10 1/2 ounces now. He's also around 6 1/2 inches long from head to bottom and about 10 inches from head to heel. He's also producing meconium, a black, sticky by-product of digestion. This gooey substance will accumulate in his bowels, and you'll see it in his first soiled diaper.
How far along? 20 weeks 2 days
Pregnancy Symptoms: I dunno if Ryan is punching my bladder or what, but i can literally pee, wash my hands, and be ready to pee again. It's ridiculous! So if i ask you where your bathroom is, it's in your best interest to point me in the right direction and get the hell out of my way. And no, i can't hold it for 5 more minutes. Everything makes me cry now, too.
I Wish I'd Known...: That cankles are not a myth, and happen a lot earlier than expected. That i wouldn't find my belly "cute" after the first few weeks, but instead cumbersome and with a growth rate that exceeds that of Superman's speeding bullet. That bigger boobs are not nearly as exciting as i was expecting them to be and the bras that accompany them are no longer cute.
Best moment this week: I've reached 20 weeks, the halfway mark!!
Worst moment this week: I'm ONLY halfway through this?!
Movement: If i were to describe what i've been feeling it would be this: Like in those movies when you see bugs and things crawling under someone's skin? Like that. Or sometimes similar to the sensation of your "stomach dropping." One second an area of your tummy feels full, the next it feels empty. I only notice these things if i'm lying still and concentrating on it, and it's very random. Ryan is starting a huge growth spurt so i should be able to feel it better soon.
Food cravings: i had to make a Carrot Cake run to Publix tonight, but that was Ally's fault for making me look at bakery websites
Food cravings: i had to make a Carrot Cake run to Publix tonight, but that was Ally's fault for making me look at bakery websites
What I miss: my "cute" belly
What I am looking forward to: so many things happening in May! Lucas' birthday, Mother's Day, our 6 year anniversary, Amanda's birthday, Ryan's Viability day, and Memorial Day!
In Other News:
I picked up the border for Ryan's room. Amanda and i are going to check out paint samples tomorrow. I will (hopefully) have the room cleared out soon so we can start working on it.
Ally and I watched The Backup Plan today. It actually made me not want to be pregnant, but i guess it's a little late for that now. :P One thing that is most definitely *not* happening ever? A home water-birth. Attending anyone else's home water-birth. Joining a hippie mom group. Naming a kid Penny. Doing the Conga dance when i'm about to pop. Making a pit-stop on the way to the hospital, even if it is for hottie Alex O'Laughlin.
On the highway today there was a slow spot where a cop had pulled someone over. It was a large bus. Full of clowns. And all the clowns were standing on the side of the road talking to the cop in full clown gear. It totally made my day!
Here is my belly pic comparing the very first one i took at 13 weeks to my current halfway-there-20-week status. I miss 13 weeks!And finally, our visit with Baby Abigail!






No comments:
Post a Comment