Thursday, May 13, 2010

22 Weeks

Baby's now the size of a spaghetti squash!
At 11 inches (the length of a spaghetti squash) and almost 1 pound, your baby is starting to look like a miniature newborn. His lips, eyelids, and eyebrows are becoming more distinct, and he's even developing tiny tooth buds beneath his gums. His eyes have formed, but his irises (the colored part of the eye) still lack pigment. If you could see inside your womb, you'd be able to spot the fine hair (lanugo) that covers his body and the deep wrinkles on his skin, which he'll sport until he adds a padding of fat to fill them in. Inside his belly, his pancreas — essential for the production of some important hormones — is developing steadily.

How far along? 22 weeks 2 days
Pregnancy Symptoms: I gained 9 pounds this month. (I was supposed to gain 2-4) Oops. It was probably just that ginormous slice of cake i had at Lucas' party, it probably weighed 9 pounds. My ankles aren't any worse, thankfully. My blood pressure has gone up, but is still in normal range (128/72...higher than pre-pregnancy). I definitely waddle now, but i think i have been for awhile. I seem to get irritated easily again. I'll just go ahead and blame that on the hormones.
I Wish I'd Known...: How much the waiting game sucks. I'm done with all the fun or exciting things like ultrasounds and finding out the gender. From here on out all i have left is getting bigger, more and more doctor visits, and worrying about things like blood pressure, gestational diabetes, and swollen ankles. They need to re-do this whole pregnancy scheme and throw some more fun stuff in the last half.
Best moment this week: My first Mother's Day! Jake got me some really cute flowers, a little stuffed lamb, and a super-sweet card. It made me go Awwww.
Worst moment this week: The scale at the doctor's office actually laughed at me. I wish i'd had my camera, 'cuz i know you guys won't believe me. It had little beady eyes and an evil grin.
Movement: Jake felt Ryan kick! Or at least he thinks he did. I dunno, it's still pretty faint, but i'm feeling him more often now.
Food cravings: Uh-oh, i'm starting to get my sweet tooth back. I *really* want some peach cobbler right now...
What I miss: Coffee! At the restaurant tonight the waitress walked by with a cup of coffee and i practically drooled. Then when we dropped off Carla at Starbuck's..... Mmmm, the smell is SO intoxicating.
What I am looking forward to: Possibly painting the nursery this weekend. That's if i don't procrastinate, which i tend to do. I did finally get the changing table put together, and we had a very special volunteer tester. 
In Other News:
   The doctor's visit went ok. My iron is good, but as i said earlier my weight and BP aren't so hot. They gave me the glucose drink for my diabetes test. I have to drink it within 5 minutes and have my blood sugar tested an hour later, and that will be done at my next appointment in a few weeks. Hopefully things will turn out better by then.
   Jake says he's not so sure about using Cole as the middle name. It's been Ryan Cole for months now! I'm gonna throttle him...
   Since i haven't taken any pictures since i've been pregnant (except the belly pics, of course) I got a bunch this weekend to share with you! It was an awesome weekend!
My Weekend In Pictures
Mother's Day
Lucas' First Birthday
The Changing Table

No comments:

Post a Comment