Saturday, July 31, 2010

33 Weeks- 45 Days to Go!

Baby now weighs as much as a pineapple!
This week your baby weighs a little over 4 pounds (heft a pineapple) and has passed the 17-inch mark. He's rapidly losing that wrinkled, alien look and his skeleton is hardening. The bones in his skull aren't fused together, which allows them to move and slightly overlap, thus making it easier for him to fit through the birth canal. (The pressure on the head during birth is so intense that many babies are born with a conehead-like appearance.) These bones don't entirely fuse until early adulthood, so they can grow as his brain and other tissue expands during infancy and childhood. Things are heating up inside as well: Baby may grow up to a full inch this week alone, and his brain is developing like crazy. Pretty soon, he'll be able to coordinate breathing with sucking and swallowing. Also, his bones are hardening, and he's started to keep his eyes open when he's awake.

How far along? 33 weeks 4 days
Pregnancy Symptoms: Everything you can possibly think of. And then quadruple it. And then let me complain about it some more. Swelling, exhaustion, inability to move, stuffy nose, bloody nose, brain cells have all died, inability to sleep more than 2 hours at a time, inability to concentrate or remember anything. There's also some type of gigantic alien moving around in my belly.
I Wish I'd Known...: That my nesting instinct is broken. The house is a mess and i really don't care. I'm sure as heck not going to get off my lazy butt and do anything about it! (Besides, that's what Jake is for)
Best moment this week: More anticipation! I have my work baby shower tomorrow and i'm sooo excited. Aunt Kim, Uncle Michael, and Cousin Michaela are visiting today and we're going out to dinner. Can't wait to see them!
Worst moment this week: At work a couple of days ago i suddenly started feeling light-headed and dizzy. I checked my blood pressure and it had gone up to 130/70 and my pulse was 102. Not crazy numbers, but i felt really weird. Like my heart was racing and i might pass out. I don't know what the heck happened but it wasn't fun! Blood pressure and heart rate have since returned to normal.
Movement: I think Ryan is starting to settle into a sleep cycle. He seems most active around 2-3am (yes i'm almost always still awake) and usually just goes nuts.
Food cravings: Nothing sounds good anymore. I haven't had a craving or particular interest in any foods this whole week.
What I miss: I want to sleep on my stomach soooo badly! I just know that if i could sleep like i used to, if even just for ONE night, that it would be the most awesome, rejuvenating, best sleep of my whole life. I have dreams about sleeping...
What I am looking forward to: The end of Summer! Not only will it be the end to all this awful humid hotness, but it will mean i will have my little baby Ryan! (Which also means no more swelling and giant bellies, but those are just bonuses)
In Other News:
   Baby Ryan is up to EIGHTEEN burgers now! We're approaching 5 pounds, which is the required weight before Peanut can go home from the hospital. He's still gaining over an ounce per day and in just two and a half short weeks he will be over 6 pounds...that's a lot of growing!
   I've been playing with some of the gadgets and baby gear to see how they work. When Amanda was over to watch the Bachelorette we decided to tackle the Pack 'N Play. I have since learned that it is actually just a Play, whoever thunk up the idea to Pack it is just plain crazy. After messing with it a time or two i've learned how to assemble it much faster now, and it will be the perfect bassinet for baby Ryan! And wouldn't you know? It just so happens that the only place that's big enough for a bassinet is Jake's side of the bed. What a strange coincidence... :P
  I'm so behind on my Thank You notes and i feel awful. I'm working on them, but to everyone THANK YOU!!! We've been reading your books for bedtime stories and Peanut always kicks during them.
  Sorry to keep complaining, but i'm hot and tired and miserable! I've had enough of the whole pregnancy thing. I just want to see my little Ryan! My belly button has popped out like the timer on a turkey...i'm done. Can someone make 40 weeks come sooner?

2 comments:

  1. 1. i had a dream last night we were shopping with your grandmom. the store was decorated for christmas and there was like a two-story christmas tree decorated with baby stuff (outfits, toys, etc). your grandmom say a toy at the top of the tree she wanted for ryan, and she actually climbed up the tree to get it! all the people in the check out line were so impressed that someone your grandmoms age could climb up a tree like that.
    2. that's when lucas was always kicking in the middle of the night. even paul didn't get to feel him kick much unless i kicked him awake.
    3. sorry youre having such a bad time of 3rd trimester. i dont remember it being as bad as yours, but i got to spend mine lying around and it wasnt summer
    4. i never got the nesting instinct either.
    5. i wrote out all the thank yous for lucas's birthday and then never mailed them. i feel badly about that :/
    6. call me today after your shower and tell me all about it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. 1. You have weird dreams
    5. You're such a goober! If you already wrote out all the thank-yous why don't you just mail them now? Better late than never, plus you did all that work!

    ReplyDelete