Your baby's waiting to greet the world! He continues to build a layer of fat to help control his body temperature after birth, but it's likely he already measures about 20 inches and weighs a bit over 7 pounds, a mini watermelon. (Boys tend to be slightly heavier than girls.) The outer layers of his skin are sloughing off as new skin forms underneath. Baby's brain is still developing rapidly, and his skin has taken on a paler shade thanks to a thicker layer of fat around the blood vessels. (Don't worry; he'll change color again soon after birth.) He's now able to flex his limbs, and his nails might extend past his fingertips.
How far along? 39 weeks 0 days
Pregnancy Symptoms: Contractions! And lots of cramping. Two nights ago the contractions were coming about 7 minutes apart....but again they stalled. Sleeping has become nearly impossible due to my giant baby. If i sleep on my side he presses down on my hip and i wake up in pain, and if i try to sleep on my back he presses on some kind of artery and neither of us can breathe. So my nights mainly consist of rolling from one side to the other and getting up every 1-2 hours to stretch, rub my sore back, and use the bathroom.
I Wish I'd Known...: That the waiting game just might drive me crazy. I think this has been the worst part of the whole pregnancy because i'm just so dang impatient!
Best moment this week: Labor Day weekend! Grandmom, Jefferey, Phillip and Kristyn came to visit and Jake grilled some hamburgers and hot dogs. We played Cornhole and watched some football. Then on Labor Day Dad, Susan, and Katie stopped by and brought me some Eggplant Parmesan!
Worst moment this week: No labor on Labor Day :(
How far along? 39 weeks 0 days
Pregnancy Symptoms: Contractions! And lots of cramping. Two nights ago the contractions were coming about 7 minutes apart....but again they stalled. Sleeping has become nearly impossible due to my giant baby. If i sleep on my side he presses down on my hip and i wake up in pain, and if i try to sleep on my back he presses on some kind of artery and neither of us can breathe. So my nights mainly consist of rolling from one side to the other and getting up every 1-2 hours to stretch, rub my sore back, and use the bathroom.
I Wish I'd Known...: That the waiting game just might drive me crazy. I think this has been the worst part of the whole pregnancy because i'm just so dang impatient!
Best moment this week: Labor Day weekend! Grandmom, Jefferey, Phillip and Kristyn came to visit and Jake grilled some hamburgers and hot dogs. We played Cornhole and watched some football. Then on Labor Day Dad, Susan, and Katie stopped by and brought me some Eggplant Parmesan!
Worst moment this week: No labor on Labor Day :(
Movement: I've been really good about walking! The night i walked the fastest was the night i had steady contractions for a couple of hours. I guess i need to pick up the pace this week. Sometimes Peanut kicks up a storm and other times he's completely immobile...and it really freaks me out!
Food cravings: Still jonesing on the bad-for-me stuff. I really want a Dairy Queen Blizzard right now. Chocolate ice cream with Reese's Peanut Butter Cup pieces...doesn't that sound divine??
What I miss: Anticipating and getting soooo excited about all the Fall TV premieres. This year it's overshadowed by anticipating Ryan's birth. What's up with that?
What I am looking forward to: Ryan's birthday! It can't be too much longer. Give me your new guesses!
In Other News:
Food cravings: Still jonesing on the bad-for-me stuff. I really want a Dairy Queen Blizzard right now. Chocolate ice cream with Reese's Peanut Butter Cup pieces...doesn't that sound divine??
What I miss: Anticipating and getting soooo excited about all the Fall TV premieres. This year it's overshadowed by anticipating Ryan's birth. What's up with that?
What I am looking forward to: Ryan's birthday! It can't be too much longer. Give me your new guesses!
In Other News:
Baby Ryan is up to (gulp) THIRTY burgers now! I'm seriously going to ask the doctor tomorrow at my appointment if i'm going to have an eleven-pound baby. He feels so big i'm starting to wonder if i'll have to have a c-section. Just kidding! I don't really think he's quite 11 pounds...at least i hope not.
This week i tried walking. I walked every night except for one. It really does seem to help because i always have more contractions afterward, but they never stick around. I'm usually so worn out i don't think i could walk anymore, but i might try to anyway. Last night i had some Eggplant Parmesan. The urban legend is that it starts labor within 48 hours. That gives me about 30 more hours to see if it works! I'll keep you updated. So far the spicy foods haven't done a thing. We haven't tried the acupressure points yet, so that's my next move. I'm really, really hoping the doctor gives me some good news tomorrow at my checkup. I'm going to be so disappointed if there hasn't been any progress after all this!!
This week i tried walking. I walked every night except for one. It really does seem to help because i always have more contractions afterward, but they never stick around. I'm usually so worn out i don't think i could walk anymore, but i might try to anyway. Last night i had some Eggplant Parmesan. The urban legend is that it starts labor within 48 hours. That gives me about 30 more hours to see if it works! I'll keep you updated. So far the spicy foods haven't done a thing. We haven't tried the acupressure points yet, so that's my next move. I'm really, really hoping the doctor gives me some good news tomorrow at my checkup. I'm going to be so disappointed if there hasn't been any progress after all this!!
I'm about to start washing all of Ryan's 0-3 month clothes. The newborn stuff has been ready for a couple of weeks now, but at this point i think he's going to be too big to fit in them! (They only go up to 8 pounds and 21.5 inches) Oooh, something else to pass the time....give me your guesses on how much Ryan will weigh and/or his length. You've got plenty of recent belly shots to judge from! Just in case you need a couple of more, here are some pictures of me eating my Eggplant Parmesan last night and some of my only pregnancy pictures with Dad, Susan and Katie!
P.S. I don't know why Jake and Grandmom lack the ability to smile in any photos. It reminds me of those old-timey farmer pictures! LOL I'll have to teach Ryan to smile "with teeth"
P.S. I don't know why Jake and Grandmom lack the ability to smile in any photos. It reminds me of those old-timey farmer pictures! LOL I'll have to teach Ryan to smile "with teeth"











No comments:
Post a Comment