Thursday, September 16, 2010

Induction and Eggplant Parmigiana

I got the call today, my induction is scheduled for Monday morning! I have to call Labor & Delivery at 5am and, as long as there is a room available, will be headed to the hospital shortly after. The doctor said that since i'm already dilated and effaced that i didn't need to come in the night before to get started. I'm super nervous, but i talked to the doctor and he said they don't like to go over 41 weeks because the risk of complications goes up so much after that. I'm still hoping that i'll go into labor before then, though. So...

Today Jake, Phillip, Kristyn, and I went to Scalini's for dinner! To be honest i wasn't looking forward to it because i wasn't really in the mood for Eggplant Parmigiana and it was a bit of a drive for us. However, i will try almost anything at this point and it ended up being the most amazing Italian food i've ever had! To be fair my comparisons are really only Olive Garden, Frankies and Maggiano's, but still...it was so so so good! The rolls had fresh garlic on them (which i love) so i had a bunch of those, but the Eggplant Parmigiana was divine. I was stuffed after only eating half the eggplant, so i brought it home to eat for lunch tomorrow. So far i haven't even had a twinge tonight, but i've got until Friday night to go into labor for Ryan to be an eggplant baby. Fingers crossed!

I've decided the most tiring thing about being pregnant and overdue is all the work i put into trying to make Ryan come out. I've walked and eaten and eaten and walked 'til i'm about to pass out. There are so many "natural" labor induction techniques that i won't be able to do them all. Obviously nothing has worked so far, but that doesn't stop me from trying! We still go on nightly walks and i'm still eating everything that people tell me will make labor start faster. With only 4 more days until induction...we shall see!

P.s. In the parking lot of Scalini's a grasshopper jumped on the windshield. He stuck his little feet to that glass and made it all the way home to Canton at 80+mph...alive! I pleaded with Jake to pull over and let me put him in the grass, but Jake said he'd just get smushed in the traffic. We were so impressed that he made it so far with such strong wind that we named him Dennis. Dennis Hopper. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment