Monday, September 3, 2012

Potty Training

We're slowly getting Ryan used to the potty. He loves to tear up pieces of toilet paper and flush them (over and over again) as he says "Bye-bye paper towel!" He loves to get on his step stool and look in the mirror to admire himself as he washes his hands. He tells us "I went poo-poo!" very proudly. But it is nearly impossible to get him to sit still on his little potty for more than 5 seconds. He will sit on it, make a pretend noise, then jump up and say "All done!".

So tonight Jake told Ryan if he went pee-pee in the potty he could have a marshmallow. Ryan sat on the potty and bounced up, down and all around as he sang 'Baby Beluga', but no pee-pee. I went in the other room and i heard Jake say "Wait! I have an idea" I heard him turn on the sink and a minute later "YAY RYAN! You went pee-pee in the potty!" I went in to tell Ryan what a big boy he was when i realized how Jake got him to pee.....Ryan's feet were in a bucket of warm water!!! Isn't that an old-school sleepover prank?? Oh well, Ryan was extremely proud of himself and i even got him to say "Chubby bunny" when he stuffed the whole jumbo marshmallow in his mouth. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment