Wednesday, March 13, 2013

14 weeks

Baby's now the size of a lemon! 
Your adorable little fetus is busy with thumb sucking, toe wiggling, making urine, and breathing amniotic fluid as the liver, kidneys, and spleen continue to develop. Lanugo (thin, downy hair) is growing all over his body for warmth. Your baby can now squint, frown, grimace, pee, and possibly suck his thumb! Thanks to brain impulses, his facial muscles are getting a workout as his tiny features form one expression after another. His body's growing faster than his head, which now sits upon a more distinct neck. By the end of this week, his arms will have grown to a length that's in proportion to the rest of his body. (His legs still have some lengthening to do.) Though you can't feel his tiny punches and kicks yet, your little pugilist's hands and feet (which now measure about 1/2 inch long) are more flexible and active.

How far along? 14 weeks 0 days
Pregnancy Symptoms: I was nauseous allllll day long the entire first trimester. It really sucked and was very different than last time. I think I'm finally almost over it though! I also tire easily and had the bone-crushing exhaustion the first trimester. Lots of acne this time. I stopped taking my Zoloft before I was pregnant and that experience has not been a fun one. I don't know if it's the hormones or second pregnancy or what but its been pretty rough. Oh and crazy mood swings again! I get so mad about some of the stupidest things.
Sleep: I've mostly been sleeping pretty good. I wake up to pee a few times and it won't be long before my stomach sleep position is impossible. I remember after Ryan was born how excited I was that I could finally sleep on my stomach again. Not looking forward to the big belly cramping my style. 
Best moment this week: Vacation! My last time off before baby. Tomorrow I will hopefully find out if Munchkin is a boy or girl. I'm so nervous! I only have a 15 minute appointment and with Ryan it took orange juice and jogs around the parking lot before they could get him to uncross his legs. Will Munchkin be just as stubborn?
Worst moment this week: Grandmom is in the hospital with an infection and a possible cancer scare. 
Movement: I'm pretty sure I've felt Munchkin move several times already but I'm not sure...
Food cravings: Like with Ryan I'm craving less sweets than usual but I still think I like them more than I did with him. I remember wanting lots of fruit and dairy last time which is not the case now. I really want French fries :/
Gender: I was sooooo certain I was having a girl the first trimester because I was so sick and miserable which was the complete opposite of Ryan. Plus i have boy clothes that would be the perfect size and season so that of course means girl :) But now I'm not so sure. I go back and forth each day. Hopefully I'll know tomorrow!
What I miss: My crazy pills and a nice cocktail. Which is weird since I never really drank when I wasn't pregnant. 
What I am looking forward to: This time I'm revealing the gender with pink or blue filled cupcakes. Yum!
In Other News:
I've been wearing maternity clothes since I found out I was pregnant. I feel so fat already! I'm actually surprised I haven't gained a lot more weight already since I'm craving things like fries and Taco Bell. I try to drink water and eat my fruits and veggies though. 

Ryan just cracks me up all the time. Two is such a fun age! He has a fear/fascination with crab legs ever since my dad scared him by making them "come alive" one time. He always wants to see them at Kroger and "crab legs" was the first thing he wanted to see at the aquarium but he is always scared to touch them. Tonight he conquered his fear! After a long talk Jake and Ryan decided to order some crab legs for dinner. Ryan looooooved them and ate more than Jake did!  Be sure to watch the 0:35 mark when he hugs it :) http://youtu.be/toZNfZKwju4

No comments:

Post a Comment