Friday, June 4, 2010

25 Weeks

Baby now weighs as much as a rutabaga!
Head to heels, your baby now measures about 13 1/2 inches. His weight — a pound and a half — isn't much more than an average rutabaga, but he's beginning to exchange his long, lean look for some baby fat. As he does, his wrinkled skin will begin to smooth out and he'll start to look more and more like a newborn. He's also growing more hair — and if you could see it, you'd now be able to discern its color and texture. That oh-so-handy sense of equilibrium is kicking in, and baby's learning to distinguish right side up from upside down.

How far along? 25 weeks 3 days
Pregnancy Symptoms: It's come to this: Peanut Belly is cramping my style. This scenario has become all too common.
1) Drop something on the floor (this happens A LOT)
2) Stare at it for a good 30 seconds willing it to fly back up to my hands.
3) Debate whether i *really* need this item. If it's food, i call the cats. If it's trash, a paper towel, or some other inconsequential item i leave it until Jake finds it.
4) If it's absolutely imperative that i pick it up (my cell phone or an ice cream sandwich) much cursing and grunting ensues. Surely i burn a good 500 calories each time i do this, which means i deserve to eat a second ice cream sandwich for my efforts.

For the same reasons, i'm having difficulty with footwear. As in...i've actually considered going to work barefoot and getting someone to help me slip my feet into my shoes. I wear flip-flops on my days off, but work requires close-toed shoes and flip-flops probably wouldn't be comfy enough to stand in for 10 hours anyway. Since i still have 14+ weeks to go, i have no idea how i'm going to be able to put shoes on much longer considering i can barely get the job done now.
I Wish I'd Known...: What baby kicks feel like. I think i was feeling them way earlier than i originally thought.
Best moment this week: My checkup went very well. My blood pressure is back down (110/70), i'm fairly certain i don't have diabetes, everything with Peanut looks good, AND i only gained 1/2 pound the past 3 weeks! I worked super hard for that, and promptly celebrated by eating horribly this whole week. The chocolate-glazed donut i had this morning was totally worth it though.
Worst moment this week: Exercising is becoming increasingly difficult. I get side-stitches every time we walk and can barely waddle at a snail's pace without having to stop to catch my breath. I hope things turn a corner because i enjoy our walks.
Movement: Peanut is kicking up a storm again. I feel him moving all the time now, and he's getting closer and closer to my ribcage. I can't imagine how this is going to feel in a few weeks when he puts on a few pounds. It seems like it would hurt like crazy considering they're so strong now at only 1.5 pounds.
Food cravings: I like food.
What I miss: Being able to reach my feet to put on shoes and being able to see my legs to shave. Shaving blind is probably not the best idea i've ever had.
What I am looking forward to: I've set up an appointment to meet a pediatrician we might use, and it feels good to check things off my list. Next up is the hospital tour, and Daddy's Day is coming up fast. I have no idea what to get Jake.
In Other News:
   It's no secret that i watch a lot of TV. I've found the couch particularly comfortable to lie down on, but i'm starting to have a major problem. Once down, i can't get up! I don't know if it's just Peanut Belly related or because i've worn out the couch, but it is next to impossible to get up off the darn thing. I usually just lie there until Jake wanders by and then i make him help me up. The same thing happens when it's time to get out of bed. Pretty soon i'll just give up and lie in one place all day until someone discovers i'm missing and comes to find me.
   I've acquired a few nicknames since i've been pregnant, all from my loving husband. Lately i'm known as "Easy-Bake" and "Preggo". It makes me giggle every time he uses them so i don't mind too much.
  We got the nursery painted! It's looking really, really good AND i didn't even spill paint on the carpet. I'm very proud of myself for that. I didn't realize that i couldn't put the wallpaper border up right away, so we'll have to do that sometime this week. I can't wait to show off the finished product!

No comments:

Post a Comment