The network of nerves in your baby's ears is better developed and more sensitive than before. He may now be able to hear both your voice and your partner's as you chat with each other. He's inhaling and exhaling small amounts of amniotic fluid, which is essential for the development of his lungs. These so-called breathing movements are also good practice for when he's born and takes that first gulp of air. And he's continuing to put on baby fat. He now weighs about a pound and two-thirds and measures 14 inches (an English hothouse cucumber) from head to heel. If you're having a boy, his testicles are beginning to descend into his scrotum — a trip that will take about two to three days. Baby's soaking up your antibodies, getting his immune system ready for life outside the womb. Eyes are forming, and he'll soon be practicing the blink...perfect for batting those freshly grown lashes.
How far along? 26 weeks 3 days
How far along? 26 weeks 3 days
Pregnancy Symptoms: Guess what?! I'm pregnant! I took a pregnancy test last week. I mean, my symptoms *seem* to be consistent with my self-diagnosis but i just wanted to be sure. Actually it was for a co-worker to play a joke on a friend, but the looks i got at work carrying a pregnancy test around? Priceless. I think i might do it again in August.
Pregnancy brain persists! I was watching a tv show online and a commercial came on. I immediately grabbed my tivo remote and tried to fast forward, yet nothing happened. Yes, it took me more than a few seconds to realize why the darn thing wasn't working. Yes, i may have checked the batteries in the remote. And yes, i did it again the next commercial break too...
Pregnancy brain persists! I was watching a tv show online and a commercial came on. I immediately grabbed my tivo remote and tried to fast forward, yet nothing happened. Yes, it took me more than a few seconds to realize why the darn thing wasn't working. Yes, i may have checked the batteries in the remote. And yes, i did it again the next commercial break too...
I Wish I'd Known...: That once i started feeling Peanut kick hard and constantly, it does NOT stay that way. After a few days of feeling Ryan all day long, all the time it suddenly stopped. For 10 hours at work Monday i didn't feel a thing, and once i got home i could only feel faint movements if i had my hand to my belly. I called the nurse just to check....yep, apparently this is normal. As long as i can feel 5+ movements in an hour while lying down with my hand on my belly we're good.
Best moment this week: No diabetes! Celebrations have been going on all week and consist of peanut-butter cup Blizzards, chocolate cake, and ice cream sandwiches. Somehow i expect i will have gained weight by my next visit...
Worst moment this week: The hormones are starting to get to me. I get aggravated easily and cry at pretty much every tv show i watch.
Best moment this week: No diabetes! Celebrations have been going on all week and consist of peanut-butter cup Blizzards, chocolate cake, and ice cream sandwiches. Somehow i expect i will have gained weight by my next visit...
Worst moment this week: The hormones are starting to get to me. I get aggravated easily and cry at pretty much every tv show i watch.
Movement: The varying degrees of baby kicks is unnerving. And since i'm a paranoid, OCD worrywart this means i have a hand on my belly all day long. I'm so very proud of myself, however, that i have only called the nurse ONE time in 26 weeks. That should go in the Guinness Book of World Records.
Food cravings: Ice cream and spicy chicken! But not together, that would be gross.
Food cravings: Ice cream and spicy chicken! But not together, that would be gross.
What I miss: Being able to pet the cats without falling on my face. If i bend over i start to topple, so now they have to meet me halfway by jumping up on a chair or the couch.
What I am looking forward to: Getting my shower invitations in the mail! Ally designed these awesome invitations that are soooooo cute. I can't wait to see how they turn out!
In Other News:What I am looking forward to: Getting my shower invitations in the mail! Ally designed these awesome invitations that are soooooo cute. I can't wait to see how they turn out!
The wallpaper border is up! Mom came over and helped me. And by help i mean she did it all herself because i have no idea how to put up wallpaper. It looks so good! We don't have any of the bedding or other decor yet, but at least the walls are done.
I have discovered a somewhat-solution to my problem from last week about picking up all the things i drop. I have TOES. These amazing little things work just like fingers and can grab the things that i can no longer reach. Unfortunately, this also means that i lose my balance and fall down half the time, but the other half the time i can pick stuff up! This doesn't work so well at the pharmacy since i have shoes on, so more than a couple of co-workers have heard me cussing lately...
Speaking of work, i've found that when i'm not working i get bored at home. I've been working for so long with only my 1 week vacations that i can't imagine a whole 6 weeks away, stuck at home every single day. Here's a recent conversation i had with Ally: "see this is why i can't imagine being gone from work for 6wks....it's been 2 days [off work] and i'm driving myself crazy. If i were working i'd not have gotten enough sleep and be too tired to care"
All of a sudden the past few days i felt like i need to get stuff done NOW, that i'm not prepared and not ready. Today i cleaned the small bathroom...and suddenly i'm over it. I *hate* cleaning bathrooms.
BG=78
HepB titers= 11 (immunity)
Belly Pic!
The Nursery....Cleaning Out the Room
The Nursery....New Paint and Border!






yay the nursery looks fabulous! you didn't tell me that part about *why* you took the preg. test. i thought you were just crazy. still very funny tho. if there is anyone at work you haven't actually told/talked to about it, you should be like "i have to tell you something, i'm pregnant" like on the Waitress.
ReplyDelete