2) I feel conflicted about the baby thing. I want a baby but i'm scared (and i'm me, so i obsessively worry about *everything*) I'm worried i'll be a bad parent, about having to work afterward, about pretty much everything. And i feel guilty that every time i see a baby kitten i'm all "OMG how cute, i want a kitten!" and oohing and aahing uncontrollably but i'm not like that with babies. Like yeah, i think babies are cute, but not in the same way as kittens. Maybe because i've raised kittens before so i'm not scared of them and know exactly what to expect? Maybe because kittens do stuff (playing) w/in a couple weeks of life and babies it takes months? (Toddlers, i must say, are so darn cute! If i could take home Jamie Scott from OTH i totally would. And yes, i know he's not a toddler!)
3) All this talk about babies makes me want to see Lucas again. And i think ally should get some kittens again too. I don't want to raise them, i just want to play with them :P
4) Grandmom is getting another followup CTScan (she gets them every 3 months) and is going to see a doctor finally about the HepB and what to do about it. I'm always scared they're gonna say they found something on the CT.
5) My garden is growing! Pretty much all the seeds we planted have sprouted. I'm excited. If we keep this up maybe we can add a plant nursery to Ally's strip mall she's building.
6) Jake and I will be married 5 years on Saturday (or is it Sunday?) It doesn't seem like it's been that long. But when i think that we've been together since '99......that's a decade!! Holy crap i'm old.
7) FYI the saliva microscope thing is really cool. It'll be even cooler if i see the whole ferning thing when i'm supposed to. This whole charting and message board thing is my shiny new toy.
8) Directv's Tivo HD probably won't be out 'til January or later. That makes me sad 'cuz my Tivos are about to kick the bucket and i'm not using crappy Directv DVR. I tried and it sux.
9) I've always wanted one kid and i wanted it to be a girl. I'm completely re-thinking that.
10) Work is sooooo much better. It's still not as easy/stress-free as it was before the new system, but it's definitley light years better than that first weekend. I'm still nervous about flu season though 'cuz 1) it's the absolute worst/busiest time of year and we're already busier than i want to be at the slowest time of year 2) people are going to FREAK OUT because of swine flu
11) I want someone i know to move into the freakin' house across the street! It would be so cool! Plus we just got re-districted to better schools so now i'm planning to stay here longer.
12) There are a lot more kids in the neighborhood than i first thought or either it just took me this long to notice. I'm always having to make sure i'm not running anybody over when i'm backing out of my driveway and i don't remember having to do that when we first moved in. They're always playing paintball and stuff in the woods. I love having woods 'cuz when i was a kid we (neighborhood kids) used to spend hours and hours playing together in the woods at my mom's . It's why i was so insistent when house-hunting that we have a wooded lot. It's just not the same when you're out in the open with nowhere to hide.
13) My boys are so darn cute:

Everyone obsesses about certain things and girls are generally more vocal about it - to their friends or random strangers. Guys will generally keep it to themselves. But I do believe you are crazy obsessive and I'm worried that one day your head will asplode.
ReplyDeleteJust think of babies as one huge science experiment. Instead of spiking the old people heart medication with viagra at work, you can try different medications on your newborn to see what will turn him in to the Incredible Hulk. Or maybe (with the Wolverine, X-men craze) try for that crazy mutant healing factor.
1. well youre female so thats part of it, but in comparison to other females, youre more Monica
ReplyDelete2. ive never been worried about being a bad parent and i dont think you need to be either...there are so many truly bad parents in the world that you cant even compare
i do think its weird that you decided suddenly you wanted to get pregnant and have a baby when you never seemed that interested in babies
3. no way would i get kittens again. i hate having kittens. and you can come see lucas in two days
4. im sorry shes been so ongoingly sick. i think thats just how it is when u get old. im terrified of it cuz i know how it feels to have ur body break
6. yeah its weird to think paul and i have been together 8 yrs now
7. i dont know what that is
8. im used to them now
10. so quit
11.no
2) I've come to the realization that i'm never going to be "ready" to have a baby. I'm scared of change too much and pregnancy/baby are such a big change that i can never prepare for it ahead of time. So i figure it's do-or-die time. Jump in with both feet and all that stuff. Plus i'm getting too old.
ReplyDelete