Thursday, September 10, 2009

Life Without Tivo?

I had a mini-crisis. My Tivo is going on the fritz! It kept glitching like it does when there's a really bad storm....only there was no bad weather and it has been doing that for 3 days straight. So apparently one of the tuners is going out. Luckily my dad has an old tivo that (hopefully!) still works. I drove as fast as humanly possible to his house and snatched it...only to find out that i now have to wait "3-5 business days" to receive an access card so i can use it. I find it insanely stupid that i can't just use the card i already have in the failing tivo, or even the one that's not being used in my dad's old tivo. "So let me get this straight....I have two cards but i can't use it until i get a third one, AND i have to pay a $20 activation fee?!" Those were my words to the rep i was talking to. Whatever, this better work!!

On a happy note, one of the reps i talked to actually had some new info for me on the HD Tivo that Directv is making. They will be available at the very beginning of the year "right after Christmas"!! I think i know what Santa is bringing me... :)

1 comment: