Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Narrowly Avoided This One!

On my way home from work Ally was distracting me by telling me all about Baby Lucas' visiting schedule. There's a road where i stop at a stop sign, then turn left onto Road #2 where there is another immediate stop sign. Apparently I stopped completely at the first stop sign but pulled off a rolling stop at the second. The cop put me through all the motions: flashing blue lights, flashlight in my face, license and insurance. She saw that i still have my "memento" license from a decade ago that says "Under 21" all over it. I got chastised for that and she said i have to destroy it because it's illegal to have 2 licenses.

When she asked why I stopped at Stop Sign #1 but not Stop Sign #2 i didn't know what to say. I *almost* told her about the law where Stop Signs with white borders are optional...but i didn't think she'd like me correcting her. I also thought better of telling her I obviously didn't *see* her or I would have been sure to stop. Anyway, she ended up being very nice after I told her I was sorry and she let me off with a warning. Thank goodness! My insurance policy is about to renew.

1 comment:

  1. LMAO! she probably also wouldnt have liked it if you had told her "i totally paused"

    yah you shouldnt keep memento licenses in your wallet. that happened to me once when i was being carded for alcohol at baileys and the waitress was like "why do you have two licenses" like maybe one was fake...i dont actually know what happened to my old one now which is probably not a good thing to go and lose...

    im glad you got a nice officer tho...some of them can be MAJOR DICKS

    ReplyDelete