Friday, June 26, 2009

Neighbors and a Broken Jumper

I met another neighbor today! She lives in the easter egg house near Jenn. She was so nice! She was out walking her dog. Actually her boyfriend's dog. And i also learned that my other new neighbor across the street is engaged. So i'm not sure if it's just her house or if her and her fiance bought it together. I've been stalking the property records but so far it still has the old owners' names on it. Kristie couldn't give me any info either.

Lately Dala has been kinda sickly acting. She's lost weight (about a pound) but we think that's because she goes outside all the time now and therefore gets more exercise. It's weird because she eats like 20 "snacks" a day in addition to her usual breakfast and dinner. She also seems slightly more lethargic...although she's had enough energy to continuously knock things off my computer desk and she brought Jake a mole yestrday. Mostly though she won't jump at all. When she gets up on things like the bed/couch/cat post she uses her front legs to pull herself up and kinda climbs. She's had breakdowns in her jumper (that's her back legs) before but it usually only lasted a few days and then she was fine. We asked the vet about it one of those times and they x-rayed her and stuff. They said it was most likely arthritis. I thought they were crazy because at the time she was only 7 or 8 years old. So anyway I started researching this supplement called Cosequin for Cats. It was recommended for Patches ages ago and Susan now uses it for Fraidy and says its worked wonders. It's a supplement that's like Osteo Bi-Flex for people. During my research i discovered that it also helps the type of urinary blockages that Anakin keeps getting. So i ordered it from Amazon for $14 because the vet was going to charge me $40! (Amazon Prime is the best investment i've ever made) I hope it fixes her jumper. I've also just discovered that their flea medicine is tons cheaper on Amazon too.

I got Ally a present! I'm way too impatient to wait for it to be a surprise so she's already seen a picture of it. Cat not included!

1 comment:

  1. no wonder your cats are fat if you let them snack every time they meow

    ReplyDelete