Saturday, June 6, 2009

Tea Party

Today i went to my very first tea party. I was attending Kellye's (my tech) bridal shower at Tea Leaves & Thyme. It was very neat! You get to get all dressed up and they have all kinds of different hats that you can wear. We had lemon souffle tea which was VERY yummy and a "tea tray" that consisted of fruit, scones, bite-sized sandwiches, and bite-sized desserts. The scones were AWESOME. They're more or less biscuits but they had lemon curd and amaretto cream that you could put on them and that just made them fantastic. I ate every bit of the lemon curd. The sandwiches were ok....there were lots that i didn't like (turkey avocado, cucumber, pear chutney) but the desserts were OMG amazing. There was red-velvet cake, lemon squares, a chocolate mint cake thing, and an apricot tart thing. I think if i go there again i'd like to do the actual lunch menu (you can get sandwiches and soup and stuff and i'd probably get the chicken salad sandwich) but it was a very neat experience!

1 comment:

  1. Ooooh, that place is neat! I went there for my friend Kristin's bridal luncheon once. I agree that it's not a place I would like to visit all the time, but it was really neat to go once :)

    ReplyDelete