I really need to get to know my neighbors better. I love that my neighborhood is very friendly, everyone i've met is really nice and waves and talks to us when we're walking and stuff. But we have some of the funniest door-to-doors! Not too long ago was the guy that asked Jake if his parents were home. Today takes the cake though.
I hear a knock on the door and go answer it. There's a kid (about 11-12 years old i'd guess) standing there that says "I'm raising money for a game. Could i mow your lawn for $15?" He wasn't with any parental figure and wasn't wearing any type of uniform or other fund-raising gear. Not really thinking about it I told him we already has someone. I felt bad afterward, for not supporting the poor kid's little league team or whatever it might have been. So when Jenn came over tonight i asked her if he'd come by her house. He had. And he had been more specific. He's raising money "for a video game" What?! LOL He's probably getting a month's subscription to Warcraft for every lawn he mows. :P
30th Birthday Biggest Lessons
3 years ago

lol i think it's funny you assumed it was for a fundraiser. i figured it out on the first sentence. ive had a couple little boys from next door ask me the same thing, but i wasn't going to inflict my yard on them. see in the olden days, when a boy wanted money to buy something, his parents made him mow lawns or get a newspaper route. now all the spoiled lil rugrats get handed everything they want like thousands of Veruca Salts.
ReplyDeleteYou say that like Lucas won't be a thousand times more spoiled. You're so silly.
ReplyDelete