Thursday, March 4, 2010

12 Weeks

Baby's now the size of a plum!
As you move into the second trimester, baby shifts into the growth and maturation stage. After weeks in the critical development stage, almost all of his systems are fully formed. The most dramatic development this week: reflexes. Your baby's fingers will soon begin to open and close, his toes will curl, his eye muscles will clench, and his mouth will make sucking movements. In fact, if you prod your abdomen, your baby will squirm in response, although you won't be able to feel it. Meanwhile, nerve cells are multiplying rapidly, and in your baby's brain, synapses are forming furiously. His face looks unquestionably human: His eyes have moved from the sides to the front of his head, and his ears are right where they should be.

How far along? 12 weeks 2 days
Pregnancy Symptoms: The never-ending exhaustion continues, and the mood swings are crazy
Sleep: Getting a little better. I don't have to get up to pee quite as often; sometimes i get to sleep a whole 4 hours!
Best moment this week: discovering maternity clothes aren't as bad as i'd feared
Worst moment this week: my awesome Monday evening with the girls turned into a giant mess made worse by my crazy mood swings
Movement: I really, really need to get back into walking. I've gained 4 pounds already since my 8 week appointment! No baby movements yet.
Food cravings: my sweet tooth is making a comeback
Gender: gender prediction tests and the chinese lunar calendar point to...GIRL! I want to know sooooo badly! Mom has decided it's a girl already and brought two absolutely adorable outfits to work yesterday. If i don't find out at my NT scan my "big" ultrasound is scheduled for April 12th
What I miss: my favorite jeans :(
What I am looking forward to: Jake's birthday on Saturday! Then the NT scan on Monday, Bachelor night with the girls, and another consignment sale Wednesday evening.
In Other News:
We're edging closer to picking out baby names! This week our names are:
Girl: Isabelle Grace Bolton (Izzie)
Boy: Nicholas ? Bolton (Nick? maybe Nicky when he's a baby? i dunno)

No comments:

Post a Comment