My pants are starting to reach the breaking point. I headed to the mall to look at some scrubs that have a drawstring and elastic waist and looked really cute when Amanda wore them to work. Unfortunately they didn't have them in short people sizes so that was a bust. I figured since i was already in the mall i might as well check out the Maternity store to see what kind of stuff they had and if it would fit me now.
As it turns out that place is AWESOME. The girls helping me explained how the sizes and different styles worked. They made suggestions of things i never would have thought of, and they basically acted as my personal shoppers because they carried everything around for me and went and got different sizes/colors every 5 minutes. I've never had someone be even half that attentive in a store, ever. And all the clothes were so cute! I was very excited about that. I ended up buying 3 pairs of work pants, a pair of jeans, and several t-shirts. They will supposedly fit me throughout the entire pregnancy but seeing as how i'm gaining weight so fast i seriously doubt that. They had a baby bump in the dressing room to let me see how things would fit in a few months. That definitely made a difference in some styles! Things that looked cute now definitely did *not* with a big belly. And i don't know how i'm going to do anything! When i had the baby bump on i couldn't bend down enough to change my pants, much less reach my shoes. Am i going to have to show up in pajama pants to work every day? Anyway, here's a sneak peek of what i might look like in the not-to-distant future.
Tuesday, March 2, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


Hahaha - love the fake bump :) Maternity clothes are soooo comfortable that I'm still wearing my maternity jeans...
ReplyDelete