Baby's now the size of a naval orange!
Continuing the march toward normal proportions, baby's legs now out-measure her arms. And, finally, all four limbs have functional joints. Your fetus is squirming and wiggling like crazy down in the womb, though you probably can't feel the movements just yet. She's busy moving amniotic fluid through her nose and upper respiratory tract, which helps the primitive air sacs in her lungs begin to develop. Although her eyelids are still fused shut, she can sense light. If you shine a flashlight at your tummy, for instance, she's likely to move away from the beam. There's not much for your baby to taste at this point, but she is forming taste buds. Finally, if you have an ultrasound this week, you may be able to find out whether your baby's a boy or a girl! (Don't be too disappointed if it remains a mystery, though. Nailing down your baby's sex depends on the clarity of the picture and on your baby's position. He or she may be modestly curled up or turned in such a way as to "hide the goods.")
How far along? 15 weeks 3 days
How far along? 15 weeks 3 days
Pregnancy Symptoms: I'm starting to move slower and i get aches and pains. Like at work standing on my feet all day *kills* me. I think i may be starting to waddle a little too, although i don't know why because i don't have a huge belly yet. Pregnancy brain has *definitely* set in.
Sleep: The Snoogle has helped a lot, i sleep a lot better now, but still have to get up a couple times a night to pee.Best moment this week: starting my vacation week, yay!
Worst moment this week: finding out we're being forced to give shots at work, even though i dislike needles and sticking people with them. Oh, and my bonus was $2.46, that was awesome too.
Movement: My stupid doppler crapped out! Apparently there's something wrong with the connection/wiring according to Jake. I ordered another one because i listen to Peanut almost every day. Sometimes i wonder if i'm feeling Peanut flutters, but then i decide probaby not. We're getting Mexican food tonight so i'll see if the spicyness has any effect.
Food cravings: i keep waiting for the pickles and ice cream to hit but it just isn't happening. I do still like fruit better now and eat less chocolatey type things.
Gender: Tuesday can't come soon enough. So excited!! All of the family won't know until Friday night but as soon as i get home from dinner i'll post the ultrasound!
What I miss: my old clothes...most of them aren't long enough to cover the pregnancy panel on my maternity pants
What I am looking forward to: Ultrasound and Easter dinners!
In Other News:
I was forgetful before i was pregnant. It's *so* much worse now! At the maternity store i was trying on pants and went to ask the girl helping me if she thought the pants i had on were too short. They were, so i decided not to keep them. A minute later she came to ask me if she could take any of the clothes i didn't want. It took me at least 30 seconds of scanning the tiny dressing room and asking "Where did i put those pants??" before i realized....i was still wearing them.
There have been several occassions where i'll get up to go do something (like in the other room a few feet away) and will forget what i got up for. I had to write down my pin number for my debit card that i've had for several years because i'm scared i'll forget it. How i'll remember where i wrote it down? Beats me.
There have been several occassions where i'll get up to go do something (like in the other room a few feet away) and will forget what i got up for. I had to write down my pin number for my debit card that i've had for several years because i'm scared i'll forget it. How i'll remember where i wrote it down? Beats me.



I don't think that's pregnancy brain, I think that is the Mills curse! That is unless Jeff is pregnant too.
ReplyDelete