
Baby's now the size of a sweet pea!
Growing like crazy, baby is starting to sprout eyes, ears, nose, cheeks, and chin. Those little hands and feet -- still webbed like paddles -- might wiggle by week's end, the heart is beating (almost twice as fast as yours!), and blood is starting to circulate.
How far along? 6 weeks 1 day (or 6w4d, it's up for discussion)
Pregnancy Symptoms: sore boobs, bone-crushing exhaustion, stuffy nose, occasional heartburn and nausea
Sleep: About the same....i actually go to bed a lot earlier now but still wake up multiple times a night and nap throughout the day if i'm not working. I've been having some crazy dreams!
Best moment this week: my first ultrasound!
Movement: we saw the beginning flickers of a heartbeat on the ultrasound
Food cravings: nothing special this week....i seem to *not* be craving sweets as much, which is an absolute first
Gender: it still feels like a girl
What I miss: normalcy
What I am looking forward to: getting my fetal doppler next week. I know it's way too early to hear a heartbeat, but of course i'll try anyway. You know, just to make sure it works. :P My first appointment with the new doctor is Feb 8th....so far away!
My best kept secret this week: I'm more excited now that i had the ultrasound but it's starting to sink in. I'm secretly terrified and have that "Oh shit, what have i done?" feeling. I don't know if i'm ready for this!!
Growing like crazy, baby is starting to sprout eyes, ears, nose, cheeks, and chin. Those little hands and feet -- still webbed like paddles -- might wiggle by week's end, the heart is beating (almost twice as fast as yours!), and blood is starting to circulate.
How far along? 6 weeks 1 day (or 6w4d, it's up for discussion)
Pregnancy Symptoms: sore boobs, bone-crushing exhaustion, stuffy nose, occasional heartburn and nausea
Sleep: About the same....i actually go to bed a lot earlier now but still wake up multiple times a night and nap throughout the day if i'm not working. I've been having some crazy dreams!
Best moment this week: my first ultrasound!
Movement: we saw the beginning flickers of a heartbeat on the ultrasound
Food cravings: nothing special this week....i seem to *not* be craving sweets as much, which is an absolute first
Gender: it still feels like a girl
What I miss: normalcy
What I am looking forward to: getting my fetal doppler next week. I know it's way too early to hear a heartbeat, but of course i'll try anyway. You know, just to make sure it works. :P My first appointment with the new doctor is Feb 8th....so far away!
My best kept secret this week: I'm more excited now that i had the ultrasound but it's starting to sink in. I'm secretly terrified and have that "Oh shit, what have i done?" feeling. I don't know if i'm ready for this!!

i warned you not to get pregnant, but too late now!
ReplyDeletethe not craving sweets thing - remember how i decided i didnt like cake or fudge?
Just get pregnant with me and we can complain together! And yeah i thought you were nuts for not liking sweets, but i guess it's not so unusual. I ate some brownie mix tonight and now i feel sick.
ReplyDeleteI'm confused. Is this blog a thing that you've had for a while or did you start it when you decided to try to get pregnant?
ReplyDeleteSame blog i've always had, i just made it private.
ReplyDeletetesting something
ReplyDelete