Sunday, January 31, 2010

7 Weeks

Baby's now the size of a blueberry! 
Baby's brain -- both hemispheres! -- is growing fast, generating about one hundred new cells every minute. Arms and legs are emerging as joints start to form, and a permanent set of kidneys (baby's third!) is now in place.

How far along? 7 weeks 2 days(ish)
Pregnancy Symptoms: sore boobs, exhaustion, stuffy nose, extreme thirst, occasional heartburn and nausea.... and now i come in extra bitchy mode too (only when i'm hungry or tired, which is all the time.) Still no real morning sickness, which has me worried.
Sleep: What's that?
Best moment this week: finding out my co-worker is pregnant too! Now i don't have to get fat by myself

Worst moment this week: my work pants are already too tight and i'm already gaining weight and getting a belly
Movement: i'm too lazy to do anything except lay on the couch and i think Peanut feels the same way
Food cravings: none, but some foods are becoming less appealing...no gagging though

Gender: according to the wedding-ring-over-the-belly test it's a girl when i do it and no response when jake does it
What I miss: seeing Peanut on an ultrasound or hearing a heartbeat....do you think Tom Cruise would lend me his ultrasound machine??
What I am looking forward to: i changed my appointment to next Thursday the 4th because Jake will be on a ski trip the following week and i want him to come with me
My best kept secret this week: None! I finally told everyone at work....only to find out that *every* person already knew. I didn't get to surprise anybody :(

2 comments:

  1. I did NOT ruin it!!! Jeff did... that's just setting the record straight... I also have to say I told ya so - you should NOT have told him!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aww.. you have an itty bitty blueberry!

    ReplyDelete