Progesterone= 121.5 (normal= 9-47)
HCG= 73 (normal is relative, but needs to be at least >25)
At first i was obsessed with why my progesterone level is so high. I spent *hours* looking at anything and everything online. Twins (please no!), Ectopic, Molar pregnancy. It could mean a number of things, or it may just be my normal, or it may go down to "normal." However, when i talked to my doctor today he seemed completely unconcerened with it. It's high enough to sustain a pregnancy, so he's not going to repeat the test.
My HCG, however, is pretty low. Yes it's above 25, but most would be 150-250 on first check. This could be because i tested so early (this blood was drawn the same day i got the VERY faint line on the pee test/HPT) or it could mean that it's not going to stick. The only way to tell is to see if the number doubles every 2-3 days. So today i went for my second blood test and should get the results tomorrow. Let's hope for at least 150+!!
Ok so that's the scientific stuff. Here's my craziness input.
Reasons I'm Hopeful:
1) Positive line is noticeably darker
2) No spotting
3) Good progesterone test
4) Sore boobs and a tiny bit of nausea
Reasons I'm Scared:
1) Day 11 line is lighter/same as Day 10
2) Cramps
3) Temps down & low HCG
4) I'm not to the day when it would be a "missed period" yet
I followed Jenny's advice. I went to Dollar Tree and bought seven (yes, seven) pregnancy tests. They must have thought i was nuts, but i can't believe they're only $1! I came home and took one immediately to compare to this morning's test and the doctor's test from Monday. It's a pretty light line, about the same as the doctor's test from Monday. Which makes me nervous. Shouldn't it be getting darker every day? However, it was in the middle of the day after i'd eaten and i made a point to drink a lot of water so it was probably also a more dilute sample. I'll try again in the morning.

Always test in the morning right when you wake up! The line may not get darker compared to the day or two before - you may have to wait a week to see it get a lot darker.
ReplyDeleteI had REALLY low progesterone and had to go on pills (it was 9.1 and never got above 17) so I'm glad yours is high! Don't worry about the cramps - that's normal implantation.
Most docs won't test the HCG until after you've missed a period, so that's why yours seems low.
Do I sound obsessed? I researched a lot in the past year too :)
Hoping for higher numbers tomorrow! So excited for a little Bolton!
You always make me feel better! I'm a little less nervous now. I've had a lot of questions i wanted to ask you. Do you mind if i call you? I'm scared i'll wake the baby! And, um, can you send me your number? I have a 404 number but i dunno if that's still current?
ReplyDeleteI'll call you!
ReplyDeleteI guess i should clarify that those pregnancy tests in the picture are NOT every hour (10am, 11am) they are the morning of day 10, the morning of day 11, etc. I'm obsessed and neurotic, but not quite that much!
ReplyDelete