Have i mentioned i love my GYN? I wish he still delivered. I'll see him for my first ultrasound and then will move on to an OB. He has his own practice so i only see him and he has 2 main nurses that are there every day. Angie is the one that has been so sweet because she knows how nervous i am. She looked up my lab results and called me first thing this morning. So to recap:
9DPO hCG= 73
11DPO hCG=225
So far my levels are doubling every 31 hours or 1.3 days, and it needed to double about every 48 hours. My doctor says this looks like a good pregnancy and i tentatively have an ultrasound scheduled for Feb 3rd. I don't know if i can wait that long! I'm going back for one more hCG test sometime next week, but mainly because i asked if i could.
So even though i'm only 13 days past conception i'm already in my 3rd-4th week of pregnancy. The doctors go by last menstrual period (LMP), which puts me at 4weeks+4days. I know i ovulated late, however, so my *corrected* date is 3w6d. I've noticed a lot more symptoms the past few days and the cramps are driving me nuts. They can be pretty intense sometimes, which worries me, but so far no spotting so i'm trying to remain calm. My boobs feel like they're going to fall off. But most importantly, i'm still worried something will happen. So this is my new dilemma: Do the ultrasound in a *month* when i'll be at least 7-8 weeks along and a heartbeat should be a sure thing, OR do it a week earlier but it may be too early for a heartbeat. Angie recommends the 7-8 week ultrasound so that i don't get freaked out if i do it too early and can't see the heartbeat. However, at the moment my fears are things like ectopic pregnancy. So if i did it a week earlier i could at least see that the baby is where it should be, and still probably hear a heartbeat. What do y'all think? Unfortunately the internet is evil and filled with all the things that could possibly go wrong and that's what i have running through my head. I hate worrying! Why is it i wanted to get pregnant again?
30th Birthday Biggest Lessons
3 years ago

So glad to hear about your numbers! If you do go in a week earlier and there is no heartbeat, they will have you wait a week and do another u/s. It's up to you. Which torture is easier to handle for you? ;)
ReplyDeleteIt's really rare to have an ectopic and from what I've heard, you will have "I'm gonna die" pains and lots of bleeding - not just regular cramps. The worry that comes along with 1st tri is insane! You'll still worry in 2nd and 3rd, but it will be about different stuff. Next time I'm going to try really hard to enjoy my pregnancy, because all my worrying this time around didn't change a thing!
i think you should do it early. it's not like doing it earlier means you cant still do the feb 3rd one as well, so why not go in and see. besides, even if you cant hear the heartbeat, that doesnt mean youre not pregnant - you should still be able to see the 'smudge'. worrying so much about little stuff like which week to have an u/s is bad for the baby!
ReplyDelete