Monday, March 16, 2009

The Pullover Resurfaces...Jake's Edited Version!

I came home from work last week to find Jake wearing David's (my ex-boyfriend) pullover from Old Navy. I had asked him to straighten up the basement storage room and apparently he found it in one of the millions of boxes down there. He said he found one of my brother's old sweatshirts. I didn't say anything at the time because I thought he'd forget about it.....but now he's worn it a couple times. At this point i don't know if i should even bother telling him. It makes me giggle to think about it, but i've apparently failed to look at it from his point of view. If I somehow got ahold of, and was wearing, something that he was obviously keeping out of deeply buried feelings of attachment I would really hope that he would tell me.  But the fact that I didn't and haven't said anything makes me wonder...

This sweater is turning into my monkey's paw (Edgar Allen Poe reference). A few years ago he found the same pullover in the back of my closet and started wearing it. So one day I hid it (apparently in a box) and that was that. I guess it's destined to haunt me and remind me that I have trust and attachment issues.

6 comments:

  1. are you keeping it out of deeply buried feelings of attachment or just sentimentality. i mean its not like you and david ever stayed close or hes your lost love. i have sentimental keepsakes from all my past boyfriends. while i think its funny, and maybe had this been year 2000 he shouldnt wear it, but at this point i dont htink it even matters. i doubt hed care if you told him it was davids. he might just stop wearing it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. and why would you put htis online where jake could read it?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Actually what is even more sad is the fact that I do read your blog, changed the post, and you didn't even notice.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ally, when i first read your comment i thought it was weird you asked "are you keeping it out of deeply buried feelings of attachment or just sentimentality. i mean its not like you and david ever stayed close or hes your lost love" 'cuz i had stated all that in my original post. I really didn't think Jake read my blog and i sure as hell didn't look at what i thought were my original words! LOL Oh well. See newest post for what i *really* said.

    ReplyDelete