Friday, March 27, 2009

Step 1: Admitting You Have a Problem

Ok, i admit it. I'm a control freak. I'm butt-headed and can't stand it when i'm powerless. At least i don't deny it. But i'm a weird kind of control freak. Because i only want to be in control in certain situations. Take work for example. Never ever ever would i want to be the manager. I'm thrilled i don't have to make the schedule. I'm not in charge of hiring, firing, or pay raises. I like it just the way it is (well...except for when people don't do it my way.)

But this new computer system is coming in 2 weeks. There's about 15 of us that need training and only 2 people can train at a time. There are NO open sessions available. I wouldn't be so worried if I didn't just go work at another store today to try and learn it myself. We really REALLY need this training or it's going to be a huge disaster. And i'm freaking out because aside from myself i can't do anything about it. And running the pharmacy single-handedly, while a lofty goal, is completely and utterly out of the question...no way no how. What if no training sessions open up or people don't go to the training? At this point it seems almost impossible to accomplish in 2 weeks. OMG (pause for panic attack) i have no control!!!!!

If people would just listen and do what i tell them it would really make everyone's life a whole lot easier. Geez, doesn't everyone realize that? Lolo knows best!

2 comments:

  1. That's why we work so well together, he's the total opposite. In fact, there's been many times that I've thought how similar Jake and Ally are...which means (if my math is correct)...you're totally a Control Freak too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. My give-a-shitter is permanently broken so I lack the requisite traits of being a control freak.

    ReplyDelete