I threw Peanut's first ultrasound pictures away!! It was an accident, of course, but i feel awful. Amanda was over Monday to watch the Bachelor. We were enjoying some pizza and garlic knots and after the show Amanda asked to see the ultrasound pictures. As i was searching through my purse i had a sudden realization...they had been "protected" inside one of the receipts from my doctors office....and that afternoon i had just thrown a bunch of uneeded receipts and junk paper away! I rushed to the trashcan and luckily the ultrasounds were fine. If Amanda hadn't been there and asked to see them i would have lost them forever!!
I received the fetal doppler in the mail! I decided to mess around with it and see if it was working. I put in the batteries and it turned on fine. As expected, there were no sounds whatsoever on my belly. In fact, it kept turning off every 60 seconds because nothing was happening. So i decided i'd listen to my own heartbeat to see how the doppler worked. Only apparently i don't have a heartbeat either? I tried one last place....the carotid artery on my neck (this is actually a common place that doctors use a doppler). Still nothing! I finally got the bright idea to unplug the wand and plug it back in, which fixed it! I can't hear any Peanut heartbeats, but i could hear mine just fine. I can already tell this is going to be addicting when i can finally hear baby!
30th Birthday Biggest Lessons
3 years ago

Awww, you're going to be a great mommy!
ReplyDeletepeanuts don't have heart beats. did you get your peanut from jenny's peanut farm?
ReplyDelete